In Tuesday's Treasure Trove Tuesday post I shared some vintage linens that I scored... tablecloths, pillow cases, tea towels, etc. When I buy old linens like this I hardly ever let a stain deter me because I have my very own tried and true miracle stain remover... and I'm going to share it with you today!
I will admit that there have been stains here and there that have been too stubborn even for this miracle treatment but more often than not it works wonderfully!
Here are two items from my loot that were pretty badly stained. The arrows are pointing to the stains in case you can't see them too well. It's hard to get a picture of a stain when you want it!! Ha Ha!
This is a vintage tea towel that had a pretty large stain.
And this is a vintage tablecloth that looked just awful with lots of stains... these are just a few of the worst ones!
You will not need to purchase anything for this miracle stain removal treatment. I promise you'll have everything you need at home already!
Here is the process I follow:
- Spot treat the stains with a stain remover spray of your choice (Shout, Spray 'n Wash, etc.) - this step is optional, you don't have to do this step but I like that extra little bit of help!
- Machine wash on a normal cycle with warm water.
- Lay the wet items straight out of the washer on your lawn... yep! Just lay them directly on the grass in the sunshine!!
Here are a couple of tips too:
- It is best if you can leave them out overnight, something about the dew on the grass in the morning really helps this process. The sunshine will take care of the rest!
- Sometimes you may need to do this process twice.
- Do NOT dry your items in the dryer when they are stained, the dryer heat will set the stains and make them hard to remove or not removable at all.
Every. Single. One. of those awful stains came out people!!!