Well, how was everyone's weekend? Mine was too short as always... I always get a tiny bit depressed on Sunday evenings knowing I have to go back to work Monday 😞
I've been working on a makeover of my bedroom but I'm stalled right now... I'm on the hunt for a lowboy dresser and I can't do any more until I find one! I can't hang stuff on the walls yet because I'm not sure exactly where on the wall the dresser will fit or how tall it will be and I can't arrange any other furniture or accessories for the same reason.
I can put the area rug down though!! The majority of my house is carpeted so area rugs have a tendency to wrinkle up when you walk on them. But I have the solution to that!
It just so happens that at the end of December RugPadUSA reached out to me and asked if I'd like to try one of their rug pads! Perfect timing... why yes... yes I would like to try one and share my review with my readers, thank you for asking! 😃
I gave them the measurements of my rug and told them I had carpeted floors. They sent their Carpet Lock rug pad.
It is a very dense recycled felt pad...
...lined with natural rubber.
You lay it on your carpet felt side down, rubber side up and then your carpet goes on top.
I am really impressed with the quality of this rug pad and I really love the fact that they are manufactured in the USA (Georgia to be more specific!) and they are more eco-friendly than standard big box rug pads that are made with PVC or plastic. Those can be harmful to your existing floors and they emit toxic chemicals... no bueno 😲
Here are the pros and cons as I see them:
- Eco friendly - made with recycled felt and natural rubber (free of chemicals, glues, bonding agents, and adhesives)
- Custom cut to the size of your rug (actually 1" to 1 1/2" smaller all around so it won't show)
- 20 year warranty on all rug pads
- Guaranteed not to stain, mar, or discolor surfaces underneath
- They come in all shapes and sizes (rectangle, runner, square, round, oval, and even octagon)
- They are a bit more expensive than a big box pad but I did a little comparison shopping and compared prices of 8' x 10' rug pads with some companies I thought would be more likely to make a higher quality rug pad. (I will say none of those I compared looked as thick and nice nor were they made specifically for carpet on carpet applications so keep that in mind).
- RugPadUSA - $170.95
- Dash & Albert - $200
- RugPadCorner - $195
- Home Decorators - $129
- Pottery Barn - $119
So, if you are in the market for an eco-friendly, quality rug pad I would recommend checking out RugpadUSA!
Now, I'm hoping I can find that dresser soon so I can finish my bedroom makeover!!